Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby Bump 19 weeks

How Far Along: 19 Weeks

Well I missed the 18 week post so this will be a little recap of both weeks. Things have been super busy with getting close to the end of the school year so no time for the blog.

Size of baby: Baby H is growing growing and is about 6 inhces long head to bottom which is about the size of an heirloom tomato (the fruit comparisons crack me up each week that I get emailed). The baby now weighs about 8 ounces and is in a major growth spurt.

Baby Development: Baby H has now developed smell, taste, hearning, vision, and touch in its brain. So the baby can now hear us so we better watch what we say :) The baby's arms and legs are now the right proportion to the rest of its body and tiny little hairs are growing on his or her's head.

Total Weight Gain: Not so sure. I'm sure I will be surprised at the doctor next week because I feel like I have packed on the pounds in the last couple weeks. My legs feel tired from carrying my heavy self around all day.

Gender: I have had dreams about the baby being a girl 2 or 3 times this week and about it being a boy once. So we will see.

Movement: I think I can officially say I have felt the baby now! I have felt small kicks every day for about 4 or 5 days and Zann could even feel it last night on top of my stomach. I also feel like a baseball is rolling below my belly button sometimes.

Cravings: I have been trying to eat a little bit healthier these past two weeks but its hard to stay away from pizza, bread, and baked goods. We also made a trip to McDonalds last week for dinner since we had coupons and dinner for 2 would only cost 30 dollars (with out a drink)!! Then a little boy at school brought me a lemon bar last week and I thought it was the best thing I had ever had and needed another one immediately. I went right after school to buy the ingredients but put off making them until the weekend. Those have been a nice treat all week.

Feeling the baby move has been the best feeling in the world. All weekend I was getting worried because really felt like I didn't look pregnant. Well my prayers were answered when I woke up Monday morning becuase I could notice a difference how I looked with a shirt on. The bare belly still does not look pregnant at all but clothes make it look so much bigger. It was weird to think about being almost 5 months pregnant (half way there!!) and not being able to see a difference or need new clothes. From the day I found out I was pregnant I thought all about maternity clothes and what I should order and how my belly would look, then 5 months later it just looked the same. I know this is a silly thing to worry about and I will be kicking myself at the end when I am too big to even more. So for now I will be happy my jeans still fit and I can still move around very well.

Every day it seems like it is getting a little bit more real that we will really have a newborn little baby with us in 5 short months. We are so grateful and really can't believe it. Zann and I have been talking about all the things we can't wait to do with the baby.

Last night we were wondering what the baby would look like? Would he or she be born with hair or no hair? What color would it's hair be when it grows up? Will he or she have big teeth like me? haha I feel like we have so much to look forward to right now!

Here I am at 18 weeks



And 19 weeks


Last week my sweet kiddos at school were so excited that it was Mother's day. They made me this cute card and brought me flowers on Friday.
 " Mrs. Hawkins, Happy Mothers Day! I hope you have a great time with Zann, your baby, and family. You are the best teacher!"


Last weekend was really rainy so we decided to clean out our guest room turned nursery. We had some things to donate so we were able to do that and move our guest bed down to the cellar. I wanted to make sure all the furniture is going to fit in the room so we moved the crib up. Obviously it is not put together correctly but we were able to get an idea. Right now it is put together as a toddler bed so Zann just needs to get some screws to put the rails on. This will probaly be a summer project since we have a while to wait :)
We also have this beauty to fix up. We bought this from a site like Craigslist here. The size was perfect for the room and I really like how it has the border around the back part that can hold the changing pad. We plan to paint it white. This will also be a summer project since we need to sand it first then paint it piece by piece on our patio. This is where we will keep Baby H's clothes and we will put the chaging pad on top.

Next big project will be picking out bedding. I seriously can not wait! Only one more week until we know pink or blue bedding and I can stop spending hours beyond hours on the internet looking at things. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment